I haven't made a box like this a while. I was a little rusty but I am happy with the way it came out. I am hoping to make more for the Holiday Picnic.[gallery link="file"]
Just finished another quarter bound button book, and a swing lid case. For the spine of the button book I again used a faux leather by Fifield Fabrics. When sowing the signatures of the book together, I put a spacer in between each signature. So once I was finished the spine of the books was actually highers than the edge of the book. I did this so that when you add photos to the pages the book would swell to much. On both the book and swing lid case I in-laid images to the covers. [gallery link="file" order="DESC" columns="4"]
Made another tintype box this tintype is actually on glass. I was taking a frame apart to replace the broken glass, and the all the emulsion was stuck to the glass.[gallery link="file" order="DESC" columns="4"]
I just recently made my first full box structure. This took me two tries to make, because the first lid was such a perfect fit I couldn't get it apart. After I broke the first lid apart I had to make a new one this time a 1/8 bigger. With this new lid I added a small tin type to the top of the structure, which I inlaid.