Just finished a repair project for a client in Mass. He had a copy of Norman Rockwell Illustrator in really rough shape. After taking the old faded covers off, I re-backed the book to strengthen the spine of the book. I was able to find and use another copy of the book with a cover in great condition and a dust jacket.
So since I have moved into my new studio, I kind of hit the ground running. So I have been able to post much, so here are few images of projects I have been working one. The first project is repair job I did for a client. I had to take apart the text block, mend some pages, then sew the text block back together. The re-backed it with new boards and a leather spine.
The second project which I just finished, was making paper boxes for a print artist name Adriane Herman. I made 38 paper boxes to store and ship a group print project she has been working on.
I picked up two sermons by Jonathan Edward, I ended up mended some of the pages then rebinding them. These sermons are from 1780 printed by Hudson and Goodwin Hartford Ct. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
These are two new books I finished, both are re backed.[gallery link="file" order="DESC" columns="2"]
Some of the projects I am hoping to have finished for this holiday season. If every thing goes right I might have some of my work for sale up in Freeport Maine.[gallery link="file" order="DESC" columns="2"]
[gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
These are two projects where I re-backed the book. In stead of adding a whole new case and on-lay the old cover, I am saving the old overs and adding a new spine to it. These are two recent finds at a book sale in Plymouth Ma.[gallery link="file"]
A Spanish hymnal, Published in London in 1707 . A restoration job turns into a conservation job.
Couldn't remove the spine because the leather was so old it came off wax.
Measuring the joint for the covers, it started as a German tight back, but as the project went on it had to change.